Egg Bites (makes 12)
5 min preparation + 20 min oven
- 5 egg whites + 1 whole egg
- 1 cup of spinach
- Tbsp of onion
- Tbsp of Soya Milk (or cow, almond, hazelnut, etc)
- Tsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or Canola, Sunflower, Coconut, etc)
- Tsp of Juice from a Lemon
- Oregano, Garlic and Black Pepper to taste
- Sunflower Seeds
Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix everything together. Put the mixture in a muffin tray, add the sunflower seeds on top and goes in the oven for 20 minutes.
Feel free to change it slightly to your taste. You can add mushrooms, peppers, zucchini… experiment! These are great for a healthy low-carb high protein breakfast or for snacking on the go.
Also, check out Kalyns Kitchen for her Egg Muffins Recipe!
This post is posted on Tuesday 22 May 2012.
Currently has 5 notes